Monday, August 10, 2009

An open letter to 9to5 staff and members

I can’t believe it, but my last day working at 9to5 is tomorrow. This past year has been an amazing learning experience for me. With your guidance, encouragement, and a bit of tough love, I’ve grown a lot over the past twelve months. I’ve done things I never thought I would – including lobbying in Washington DC (twice?!), registering voters for what will probably be the most historic election of my lifetime, spending countless hours listening to stories and giving advice on the helpline (1-800-522-0925 – hit it up if you have questions about your rights in the workplace!), and learning and living what community organizing is all about.

All of this learning is thanks to you! It has been a joy working with and getting to know every single one of you this year. I’ve loved hearing your stories, discovering your passions, and oftentimes following your example of walking the talk. You’re powerful, energetic, driven, and – of course – so much fun to spend time with! I've loved the work I've done at 9to5, because I loved the people I was working with, and I’ll never forget a single one of you.

I’m moving on to the next steps in my life – which involves a move to Chicago, IL with my best friend, starting graduate school, and continuing to fight for workers’ rights around the world by being an advocate for international fair trade policies. Please know that if you’re ever in the area and need a place to crash and/or a restaurant recommendation, mi casa es su casa… and I’m a pro at finding delicious, cheap eats!

Keep fighting the good fight and please keep in touch!

Anni

No comments: